Thank you for visiting the Literacy Campaign for Monterey County. Bringing awareness and focus to literacy challenges across our county is an important part of our work here at the Literacy Campaign. I hope you find the information and resources on this website helpful.
The Literacy Campaign for Monterey County is a newly formed nonprofit with the primary focus of increasing literacy in Monterey County. The organization has seated its founding board and the strategic plan has been developed.
It is anticipated that the LCMC will serve in a convening, collaborative capacity. The LCMC will not directly provide literacy services or make grants to literacy providers but will support literacy efforts through the following functions.
- Raise awareness regarding literacy needs and advocate for literacy in Monterey County.
- Build partnerships with and among businesses, literacy service providers, the community and other stakeholders.
- Provide leadership around countywide literacy efforts and promote best practices.
- Provide and support ongoing skills development of service providers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of literacy efforts within the county.
- Identify and pursue funding sources in support of literacy initiatives.