2013 Literacy Summit: Reading Our Way to Prosperity
On October 25th, the Literacy Campaign for Monterey County convened a first-of-its-kind summit on the lasting economic impact of early reading.
- Sylvia M. Panetta, Co-Chair and CEO of the Panetta Institute for Public Policy
- Dr. Ochoa, President, California State University, Monterey Bay
- Dr. Dowell Myers, Director, Population Dynamics Research Group at the University of Southern California and author of “Immigrants and Boomers: Forging a New Social Contract for the Future of America.”
- Mary Ann Leffel, President, Monterey County Business Council
- Ralph Smith, Managing Director of the National Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and Alicia Maldonado, California Lead for the National Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
- Francine Rodd, Executive Director, First 5 Monterey County
- Mary Adams, CEO, United Way of Monterey County
For an overview of the Summit, video presentations, PowerPoints, resources and materials Click Here.